Welcome to the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists' website.
We hope that the information you find here will assist you in accomplishing your purposes in contacting this site. If it does not, do not hesitate to contact us directly by phone or in writing at the following:
Tower 2, Room 450
Austin, Texas 78701
(512) 305-7701 FAX
1-800-821-3205 24-hour, toll-free complaint system
(512) 305-7709 Investigations
Monday – Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Closed State Holidays
*While licensees and members of the public are welcome to contact the Board via telephone for matters requiring immediate attention, you are encouraged to contact agency staff via email for matters which are routine or not time sensitive. For staff email addresses, please click on the link entitled "Staff Directory" found in the menu to the left.
Military Service Members, Veterans, and Spouses
The Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists honors and supports our military personnel and veterans returning to civilian life and wishes to thank them for the sacrifices that they and their families have made on behalf of our nation. The skills that men and women acquire in the Armed Forces are valuable. These skills may benefit an individual that decides to pursue a career in psychology.
In accordance with Section 55.009, Occupations Code, the Board provides notice that it has adopted rules that:
- Assist active duty, former and retired military personnel to receive the credit they earned for military training and education;
- Extend renewal dates for military personnel, veterans, and spouses;
- Recognize prior licensure in this state;
- Recognize substantially equivalent licensure from other jurisdictions; and
- Waive application and examination fees for military personnel, veterans, and spouses.