Energy Conservation Savings Program
In adherence to EO RP-49 by Governor Perry and Senate Bill 5 passed by the 82nd Texas Legislature, the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists maintains the following Energy Conservation Plan and updates it annually as appropriate.
The goals for energy conservation are as follows:
- Turn off or avoid use of unnecessary lights and appliances.
- Turn off computers and copiers at the end of the workday.
- Adjust blinds to allow for solar heating in winter and cooling in summer.
- Schedule operations to avoid use of state buildings outside of normal M-F work hours.
- Adjust temperature controls to maintain a constant temperature of no lower than 70 degrees or higher than 75 degrees.
- Encourage staff to take public transportation to work or to meetings.
- Train all staff in this plan.
- Encourage staff to car pool to off-site meetings are agency activities.